What is Apibara#
Apibara is a framework and protocol to build real-time, composable streams of on-chain and off-chain data. Apibara solves the challenge of streaming blockchain data: blocks are not immutable, their data can be invalidated in response to a chain reorganization.
At the lowest-level, Apibara provides the Direct Node Access (DNA) streaming protocol used to stream data from the nodes. Developers choose any on-chain data (for example: transactions, receipts, storage changes) and stream it into their application at high speed (up to several thousands blocks per second) and low latency. The DNA protocol supports streaming pending blocks to ingest data before it's confirmed on-chain, reducing the latency visible to users.
Here are a few reasons why Apibara is a great choice to build your project’s data pipeline:
- The protocol is extremely lean and based on gRPC, resulting in very low latency when ingesting real-time data.
- The protocol supports advanced features like streaming data before it's produced on chain, enabling optimistic updates into your application.
- The protocol is composable, it encourages other developers to build on top of your application.
- You can build applications using any language that supports gRPC, leveraging your team’s existing skills.
- Apibara is completely open-source so you don’t have to worry about vendor lock-in.